Featured image: One of the Anderson collection of 1920s Christmas cards.
At last some good news! With relaxed rules on Covid 19 I’m happy to announce that we were able to open the Museum again on Wednesday 25th November. We are registered as a COVID safe venue and will be following the Government guidelines to keep all visitors and volunteers safe with contact tracing, sanitizing, and social distancing.
And the exciting news is that the Collection Committee now has two new exhibits on display. These are:
- ‘Treasures from the Ground’ covers mining in the Eurobodalla.
- ‘Illuminated” highlights our collection of children’s books and their illustrations.
There is more information on these on the next page.
We invite all members and non-members members to visit these exhibitions which will be fascinating for old and young alike.
Other news of interest for members are:
- We are grateful to Council for the prompt removal ofthe two Casuarina trees which were causing majorproblems with flooding behind the Genie room.
- With assistance from a Council grant we have been able to renovate, paint and install spotlights in the Parlour, where the children’s book exhibition is displayed.
- The ‘Shed’ team has completed painting the side vestibule and removed the old town clock from the front verandah to the Machinery shed.
- We were honoured to be selected by theCommonwealth Bank Staff to receive their local Deserving Small Entities cheque for $500. It is greatly appreciated.
As reported in the last Journal our financial position has been severely impacted due to being closed for the last 6 months. Happily, we have been assisted by a generous anonymous donation of $2000 and now a further $500 donated by the Commonwealth Bank. Our sincere thanks for this much appreciated assistance.
The Society wishes to thank Janice Sagar and the well known Moruya Books for their support to our ‘Illuminated’ exhibition which is currently on display.
On behalf of the Moruya District Historical Society Committee I wish all our volunteers and members a very happy Christmas with family and friends and our hopes for happier, hopefully Covid and fire free, 2021. My personal thanks to my Committee and sub Committees and our willing volunteers for their continuing dedication and hard work.
President, Moruya & District Historical Society
Leave a Reply